Our priest asked us to consider some thought provoking questions back in January of 2017. Matthew Kelly created a list of 13 questions to be seriously considered. Father Brannen suggested writing the answers down as they would help us to become the ‘best version of ourselves.’
I had truly forgotten about all of it: the questions, the pondering, the answering. I opened one of my notebooks the other day and the cover reads,”In the Midst of Our Lives, We Must Find the Magic That Makes Our Souls Soar.” Ironically, these questions I believe help us upon the right course towards ‘soaring souls.’ The 13 questions are as follows:
1. What are the biggest changes you would like to make to your life in the next 12 months?
2. What are the biggest changes you would like to make in your life in the next 1-3 years?
3. What do you want to receive most in your life?
4. What is your biggest obstacle to this achievement?
5. What are 3 of your biggest achievements to date?
6. What dream have you given up on?
7. What major transitions have you had in the past two years?
8. What is the hardest thing in your life that you have ever had to overcome?
9. Looking at the past 6 months of your life, do you like the direction your life is moving in? Explain.
10. What part of yourself have you given up on?
11. What are your primary stressors?
12. What is your definition of success?
13. What would you like your personal legacy to be?